Wednesday, July 9, 2008

A Trip To The goodwill BOOKSTORE

I stopped by the Thomasville Rd, Tallahassee, FL goodwill BOOKSTORE with my trusty KODAK digital camera in hopes of taking some pictures for the LibraryThing Local page. My last visit was without my camera and I ended up leaving the store with a bagful of books and less money than when I arrived. This time I was only going to buy what was on my immediate wish list: Child of the Phoenix by Barbara Erskine and anything by James Fennimore Cooper.

A young man named Paul was right there asking if I needed help. I explained my mission and started searching for the books I wanted. In the meantime, he told me about the birthday sale that was going to take place Wednesday through Friday, July 9, 10, and 11. The store has been open a whole year. One day later and I would save another 25%. Senior Citizen’s Day got me 25 % but ta ta ta ta…..

BIRTHDAY SALE-A
-BRATION would get me a whopping 50% off or books for half price.

I managed to keep my purchases at four books and $10. (A bit about my purchases in a later blogs)

I will be sure to spend more tomorrow. With over 1200 books on my shelves, I’m sure if I try, I can find room for a few more.

The goodwill BOOKSTORE is a used bookstore run by Goodwill Industries. Well lighted, with wide wheelchair accessible aisles. Attractive bookshelves hold books, which are separated by fiction and nonfiction. Special sections hold westerns, science fiction, art, cooking...

Friendly, knowledgeable full and part-time staff is available to answer questions and assist in locating books. Regular sale days include:


Mad Monday 25% off Fiction and Non Fiction

Tuesday Senior Day 25% off(age 55 or older) excluding "signed & rare", pink and purple tags

Wonderful Wednesday 25% off everything and 50% off pink and purple tags

The average regular price of books is $3.99, with a few priced a little higher and many priced lower. No book is left in the store after four months and books are added every day.

An exceptional store!