Thursday, July 17, 2008

word traffic books - Tallahassee, Florida


I'm enjoying visiting bookstores and learning to use my camera. A new day, another bookstore. I have been meaning to visit word traffic books for sometime. I dive by frequently but just kept going. BOY! Have I been missing out! The store is located in a small strip shopping center at 1227 East Lafayette Street behind Appalachee Parkway Shopping Center.
A light, roomy place, with a friendly comfortable atmosphere where one may sit and read, use a laptop, or just relax with a cup of coffee. There are separate seating areas for large and small groups.
Van, the owner, gave me a tour. I especially like the friendly feeling of the children’s area. I’m now in my second childhood and children’s books are frequent additions to my personal library. He showed me the comfortable meeting area where workshops and seminars take place on a regular basis. The store offers a generous selection of new and used books at reasonable prices.

Sadly, the prices are even more reasonable now. Van is closing word traffic books with plans of joining the worldwide sales community of the internet. Now is the time to drop in, visit with Van, and meet other friendly bibliophiles.

Inquire about current workshops and attend upcoming author events.

July 19 at 4:00pm

Visit with Anne Holt with Ms. Holt as she discusses her works. Ms. Holt makes presentations in libraries and schools on writing and leadership, including "Building a Story," Personal Leadership," and "Women as Heroes." visit her website at http://www.ahholt.com She has written a number of westerns for Avalon including: Silver Creek, and Kendrick